Monday, February 7, 2011

Mario's Pizzeria, where have you been all my GF life?

Mario's Pizzeria's Gluten Free Chicken Parm dinner

A few weeks ago we were informed that the pizzeria we pass on a weekly basis was not only offering GF pizzas, but entrees, and pasta dishes as well.  We have gone a few times now and I'm in love after our last visit!  Mario's Pizzeria here in Melville NY, has so much to offer and makes my GF life even more delicious.  We have eaten food from them I think 3 times now, every time it's so yummy and Ceci can't get enough.  So far we have had their GF pizzetta with cheese, with pepperoni, and most recently the GF Buffalo Chicken Pizza.  The first time we went I ate the GF Chicken Parmigana that comes with GF pasta and a GF roll.

The rolls are heavenly by the way, soft and fluffy inside with a nice crust on the outside and with a little bit of butter, they are AMAZING!  I had to have Tim take a bite the first time to see if he thought they were glutinous, they tasted so good I couldn't believe they really were gluten free.  The chicken is tender with a nice crunch from the bread crumb crust and the marinara sauce is the perfect balance of sweet and spicy and makes my tummy so happy.

Yesterday we decided to stop by Mario's on the way to dropping my parents at the airport, I called in our order to dine in knowing it would take a while to get the GF pizzas ready.  I was so happily surprised by the fantastic customer service we received, Pete who answered the phone, asked how many in our party and if we needed a high chair for Ceci.  And when we ran late due to a street closure Pete even called to make sure we were still on our way because he was worried about our food getting cold.  When we got there our food was ready and waiting and a table was set for us.  PERFECT!  Did I mention this was on Superbowl Sunday, at lunch time, but still who is this nice any more?  So nice to get this attention.

If you have the chance you should make your way to Melville NY and try Mario's Pizzeria!  You will be so happy you did, and your stomach will thank you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment