Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Udi's Gluten Free Bagels



I am the proud owner of a happy tummy right now.  I just finished a Udi's Plain Gluten Free Bagel!  The are really good, nice an light, and perfectly chewy, I don't feel like I just ate a million slices of bread.  They even got nicely toasted in the toaster, other than the one I charred the other day, they are more delicate than some other brands of bagels on the market that need a blow torch to even get close to toasted.  They are also huge, something that isn't common of gf bagels, without a truckload of calories, 270 for the plain (on the bag, but the website claims they are 310 cal. each not sure why the discrepancy), and 280 for the cinnamon raisin bagels.  They are fantastic toasted with some cream cheese, or neufchatel cheese, and a cup of coffee on the side.

I took mine right from the freezer, and microwaved it for 30 seconds to start the thawing process.  After the microwave I slid a knife through the bagel to detach the two halves from one another and popped it into the toaster.  I did have to turn the toaster dial down to 2 out of 5, because they burn quickly.  Once they came out of the toaster, a quick smear of cream cheese and they ended up "in my mouth...AHHH" as Ceci says.  A good many more Udi's bagels will be ending up in my mouth because they are DELICIOUS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment